Known as a Supergrain, Khorasan has a smooth buttery flavour. Made from 100% unbleached khorasan (ancient wheat that is 2x larger than wheat) flour - it is a wholegrain that is high in protein, fibre, higher mineral content like magnesium, has a high content of dietary antioxidants - selenium and zinc - and has a low GI. It is light in texture, rice-like in appearance and tastes similar to oatmeal but with a smoother, "buttery" flavour.
This is an ancient, high protein grain and a relative of modern wheat. Khorasan has a great flavour and are easily absorbed by the body. They are particularly enjoyed by many people requiring special diets, such as those who have a low wheat tolerance or wheat and gluten sensitivities or allergies. These pastas are easily digested and have a great, nutty taste!
Other health benefits of Khorasan:
- contain higher protein content than normal wheat. Khorasan has up to 40% higher protein level than the national average for wheat
- contains higher percentage of lipids, essential amino acids, vitamins (B2, manganese, niacin, thiamin & copper) and minerals which produce more energy than carbohydrates. Khorasan is described as a "high energy grain"
- Lower GI and better for people with diabetes or those with fluctuating blood sugar levels (starch in spelt is metabilised more slowly than normal wheat)
- contain more fibre and less glutamic acid than normal wheat
- Great news about khorasan - is an anti-ageing, anti-inflammatory and cardio protective wholegrain / cereal
All L'Abruzzese pasta is free of any chemicals, bleaching & genetic engineering (GE & GMO free)
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: